Pages

Gallery

About

View my profile.
Welcome to my blog.
Personally, I don't think I am a person of astronomical consequences. But, someday I want my life to be like what Jim Morrison said :
I see my self as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.
Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!"
Then- whoosh, and I am gone....and they will never see any thing like it ever again....
and they wont be able to forget me- ever.
You will also find me at
http://www.flickr.com/people/mrids/="http://mrids.deviantart.com/"http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mridula-pillai/21/859/852http://www.blogger.com/facebook.com

Thanks for coming!
Hope you have a pleasant stay here.

20 April, 2008

A mix of old and new

A lot of ones that i had missed out to upload earlier are here. Some of these were made really long time back and some recently.

This is what I had designed for the home page of my website. I don't know when i'll be done with this.

My dad had asked me to design the cover page of the souvenir for their Association.
I don't know why they approached me. Was I really good or was it to save money?
I still don't know.
Any ways, this is what I designed first. I thought it was cool. but it got rejected.

Then, I made this and it was finalised. The souvenir came out to be ok.


Made these three some time ago. Used to search for images and add some quotes to it.

Dedicated to my sisters.


This is what i want to say to my sisters.


Tteacher's day greeting using corel.


Made this Birthday template quite some time back in corel.


Not from my brain. Had seen it some where and thought of trying it out as a project in corel.



Was missing ammu a lot so made this one in Corel to send it to her.


Just a background made in Corel.


wanted to try free hand drawing and wats better to start with than lord ganesha.

3 comments:

ME and me said...

Well as always my eyes balls have jumped out. Its always a pleasure to see what you draw but one thing I appreciate is what is the msg for which you have drawn. One of the reasons I started my blog was you and your blog. There is an excellent rage of emotions you have tried to showcase. But one thing I will like to suggest, once I have gone thru all the pictures in your blog there is an impression that is left in my mind. The dimmer color scheme you have used. Probably you can use few heavy colors for the next few ones so that my eye sensors are left stunned for next couple of mints. But they are perfect if seen individually. But i think you can take it as a challenge.

mRiDuLa said...

thanks re....
i generally like dimmer and soft colors...but yes....bold colors have a place of their own.

Nitin said...

Hey, I just happened to stumble into your blog....luved it....esp the bright colours and absolute contrasting use of colours...never beleived you actually made them til i hit this blog :D....
PS: The one u made fr ur dad was good :p