Pages

Gallery

About

View my profile.
Welcome to my blog.
Personally, I don't think I am a person of astronomical consequences. But, someday I want my life to be like what Jim Morrison said :
I see my self as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.
Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!"
Then- whoosh, and I am gone....and they will never see any thing like it ever again....
and they wont be able to forget me- ever.
You will also find me at
http://www.flickr.com/people/mrids/="http://mrids.deviantart.com/"http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mridula-pillai/21/859/852http://www.blogger.com/facebook.com

Thanks for coming!
Hope you have a pleasant stay here.

29 September, 2010

Riding Gypsy

“All of life is a journey which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.”

Another long weekend in sight....This time it will be a cabin at the smokey mountains. Waiting to add a new chapter of experiences in my life. The last trip was quite eventful. Did things which I would not have done in India. Its not that it could be done only here....but somehow I know....In spite of being a Keralite, I have not seen 90% of the places in Kerala! My dad still talks about Mumbai darshan. I guess, I have scheduled it for my old age. 


As of now, we have decided to make full use of our stay in US while we can. So we went trekking, rafting, tubing, and finally horse riding....I must confess, I enjoyed rafting and horse riding the most. As a first timer, I enjoyed river rafting. Not because of the high current or bumpy ride..but because I got an opportunity to swim in the river. Swimming after such a long time...It felt like the first rain after a famine. Nothing mattered anymore..... the over sized head gear, under sized float jacket and my sport shoes heavy with full of water.....nothing really mattered. All I wanted to do was float on the water and go with the current.... some where....unknown...waiting to be discovered. But, I will not do it alone now. With Santhosh in my sight, I will pull him along...where ever I go. Swimming had always been fun. But the one thing that I had never thought I would ever try was horse riding. For my size, I thought I would be given a pony. I guess they had faith in me. Or may be in their horse. 

I consider my self lucky for being able to ride a horse named "Gypsy". He is an amazing creature. adorable too. I felt some kind of bonding with it. I had to put my faith in him to take me safe back home while wishing for a memorable ride. I constantly kept talking to him, guiding him through the path. I had a peaceful time and that's when I realized that Gypsy is no different that one's life. One has to have faith to experience an eventful and enjoyable ride with the hope that we will reach where we desire. We should hold the reins all the time to prepare and guide ourselves through life's paths. Hold it too tight or loose and we end up wandering  in the woods. 

Once back at the ranch, I fed Gypsy with some leaves that I had plucked during our ride. She had it with an enthusiasm and her twinkling eyes made me promise that I will always remember her...for ever.


0 comments: