Pages

Gallery

About

View my profile.
Welcome to my blog.
Personally, I don't think I am a person of astronomical consequences. But, someday I want my life to be like what Jim Morrison said :
I see my self as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.
Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!"
Then- whoosh, and I am gone....and they will never see any thing like it ever again....
and they wont be able to forget me- ever.
You will also find me at
http://www.flickr.com/people/mrids/="http://mrids.deviantart.com/"http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mridula-pillai/21/859/852http://www.blogger.com/facebook.com

Thanks for coming!
Hope you have a pleasant stay here.

13 December, 2008

The Birds have flown away!

We had been waiting for the day. Its been how many months...I don't know. The anxiety of the current global recession was getting to us. But finally the call came. My sister has to join "The" company soon. Its Infosys. We were happy, jubliant. The preperations were on. New set of clothes, bags, shoes...and several other items. This was to go on till the last day. She used to complain. And she was right. May be I was not there mostly around. But we used to have our good times together. We used to fight, sing, dance, do action song, do mimicry. But towards the end I was kind of busy. I tried to spend some time with her. After all how long will she be there for. The end days were really fast. But she stopped complaining. It was the last day.
But we din't cry, laugh or play. She kept herself busy with the last minute preparations. The morning too she tried to remain normal. Normal was being abnormal. Not being loud, noisy- One we usually are. Even before she left, the silence had already crept in. Althogh I was usually out, busy with work, or other stuffs like photoshop, we needed each other to be mad, be noisy. I was worrying how she was to adjust. She always craved for companionship. I had replaced my elder sister's place when she got married. They were best friends. I hope I have done justice to her. And what now when she's going away. But the only relief was that she was with her friends. Friends of several years. But can a friend replace a sister. Hmm, I was begining to miss her. And now she's gone. For how many months away from home? I dont know. Definitly for as long as she's in that company. But we are happy. We'll be just a call away.
So now the birds have already left the nest. Flown away to pursue her dreams. To make her life. But she will be back. Even if its not that often, she'll be back. Back to complete me. To complete her. To be mad together.

2 comments:

Veena Acharya said...

Its so very true!
I feel exactly the same...u have actually penned down my thoughts...

I miss my sis too....

ME and me said...

Yaar! it is right from heart and it could be felt.
You have mentioned a personal gesture but it is in a way so general.
GOOD!!!