Pages

Gallery

About

View my profile.
Welcome to my blog.
Personally, I don't think I am a person of astronomical consequences. But, someday I want my life to be like what Jim Morrison said :
I see my self as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.
Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!"
Then- whoosh, and I am gone....and they will never see any thing like it ever again....
and they wont be able to forget me- ever.
You will also find me at
http://www.flickr.com/people/mrids/="http://mrids.deviantart.com/"http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mridula-pillai/21/859/852http://www.blogger.com/facebook.com

Thanks for coming!
Hope you have a pleasant stay here.

26 July, 2008

Some captured moments

Ever since I got my Cannon PowerShot A570 IS, I have been clickin a lot of pics.
Here are few pics from my recent kerala trip.

This was a shot taken just outside a temple. The poor puppy was scared of heights and wanted somebody to get it down.


Finally when no one was left, it decided to jump by itself. It did and happily went away wagging its tail as a winner. Even a puppy can be a serious source of inspiration.


Shots of a family temple.


Like traffic is own to mumbai, a daily dose of power cut is own to kerala. And I kind of enjoy the darkness. The following shots of the lamp were taken one such nite during power cut.

Even a small source of light can give an unlit lamp some form.



A lamp just outside a temple.


A tody outlet under the shade. A common place in our village.


On my journey back to Mumbai. A fellow passenger in deep thought.

Some landscape shots from my village.













I also enjoy capturing the sky. most of them are from the terrace of my house and some taken while traveling by road.


This shot was not that appealing. I modified the sky color a bit in photoshop to get a green touch.



Loved this shot. On my way back from Ernakulum. Seems like heaven is opening its gate on us.




Was lucky to get the following shots. It was a wonderful day when the sky was clear and with such good colors.





Some good shots of greenery from my garden.
















Two siblings posing for the camera.


Two pegions from aluva station.


Some bugs coexisting with us.










After a nights rain...tried to capture the droplets.





Saw the reflection of the coconut trees on the water only after capturing. liked it.


This is one of my fav shots. Wanted to capture this from a long time. Had to get this from somebody else's backyard. Hope I keep getting opportunities to explore my passion for shooting.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

My God dear, these pics are just amazing and I love your comments. You can surely send some of these for publication. I did not know that you can take such lovely pics, just kidding. Great work!

Veena Acharya said...

Hey Mridu,

Thats Amazing! You've got talent gal!! keep enhancing it....really mind blowing!!!
Keep up the great work!!

mRiDuLa said...

Thank you!!!

Bhakti Lad said...

Hai Mridu
Fantastic shots, especially the nature ones, and ur copy right symbol too. keep it up dear.

Doofus Maximus said...

Super Awesome!! Your photography has really improved a lot :) Extremely inspiring!

Nitin said...

hey ... long time... luved ur pics ... really good...esp one one with the guy ...really good!!!

mRiDuLa said...

Thanks!
I too liked that one...esp. his posture...