Pages

Gallery

About

View my profile.
Welcome to my blog.
Personally, I don't think I am a person of astronomical consequences. But, someday I want my life to be like what Jim Morrison said :
I see my self as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.
Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!"
Then- whoosh, and I am gone....and they will never see any thing like it ever again....
and they wont be able to forget me- ever.
You will also find me at
http://www.flickr.com/people/mrids/="http://mrids.deviantart.com/"http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mridula-pillai/21/859/852http://www.blogger.com/facebook.com

Thanks for coming!
Hope you have a pleasant stay here.

29 September, 2007

Death.......does it affect us anymore???




Death.....its not that easy on the family of the dead.I remember the day my grand mom died. I loved her a lot and I know she loved me a lot too. She was gem of a person, a great cricket fan, an ideal grand parent. She used to tell stories, sing songs, make braids, and comment over the models on ftv. Everyday she, in a typical malayali attire with her socks and sports shoes, hit the walking track. Out of curiosity and fascination people from the complex used to come and enquire about her. She's the reason behind so many complex friends.
My grandmom died when i was in 11'th. I did not cry, i did not feel bad either.....i donno why.....may be because i knew i would never miss her as she would be with me always....and she still is....i sat beside her till she was taken for cremation. A person's loss is felt by his loved ones and it will remain this way till emotions are alive in humans. But will it remain this way for a long time to come??? When any unfortunate incident occurs....for a family its the loss of a loved one but for others its just the number of people dead....Who cares about who's dead but how many are dead...is what is of importance. So much crime has got into the society that we don't feel bad anymore.....a numbness has crept in...

The news papers are filled with death news.....nowadays we casually say...ya, one more person dead in road accident..so the count goes to........May be for the world he's just another person...but for some others he might have meant the world. People don't expect you to cry over thair dead body...but just a consideration and respect that what was lost was not a degradable substance but a human, a life, which is precious in itself and meaningful than anything else(even the statistics) in this universe.


0 comments: